Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Support This Site

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Kanye West: Tsk Tsk Tsk!

In true fashion Kanye West yet again through a temper tantrum. But I'm on the fence about this one. Here's what he had to say before I say my two cents:

“**** MTV. Y’all heard what the **** I said… Five nominations. I ****in’ lost to Black Eyed Peas last year, man. I’m never coming to MTV. Ya’ll find Britney. Get Britney. Get a real ****in’ artist. Get Britney Spears. I ain’t ****in’ with this pop ****. God****. Give me a ****in’ chance. Give a black man a chance. I’m tryin’ hard. I got the ****in’ #1 record. I’m tryin’ man. I don’t even get a ****in’ chance. They don’t want a ****in’ black man in that position.”

The mention to Britney has to do with the fact that he wanted to open the VMA's, or at the very least get a stage, but instead he was squeezed into a suite performing his number one single "Stronger".

Sure the man didn't feel appreciated, but come on. Be an adult. Maybe he shouldn't have opened, but I think Kanye does deserve something more than a Vegas suite to perform in. But then again, his single has only been out for a few weeks. Not really enough time for VMA to judge it against the other artists that won out against him. In the end it wasn't justifiable for a grown man to throw a temper tantrum, but I can understand when the numbers and fans suggest who is the better and more talented artist, and there just isn't the appreciation for it.

What'd you guys think... Is he just a sore loser, or is he rightfully under-appreciated?

source

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 1:36 PM, Anonymous bootstrap said…

    Interesting how he cries about "give a black man a chance," "they don't want a black man in that position," and losing the Black Eyed Peas - a group of predominately... black men. What?

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    he's SUCH a sore loser! all he does is complain and think he's the greatest thing ever...

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger diane said…

    i totally agree...he's a big baby. he isnt god's gift to the music industry...and he has to realize there is other talent out there. just because he is nominated doesnt mean he is a shoe in to win...he needs to realize that a nomination is only that...a NOMINATION. not an instant award.

    in the words of my brother: "cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it!"

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger ann said…

    yeah... he complains about britney not being such a great artist, but the fact is she still sold 50 million records to date, and did bring the viewership up by 23% since last year, for the vma's.

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Ms.Paris said…

    Also, who votes for the VMAs? Is it 14 year old white girls on the internet or is it his peers in the music industry? I would understand this a little more if he were upset that his peers in the music industry were not celebrating his work, but if the viewers vote on this crap I can't possibly understand why he would get so pissed. What does the average MTV viewer actually know about music?

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kanye is an only-child, and unfortunately, that's the only-child syndrome rearing its ugly head, 30-some yrs down the line. lol.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home